Monday, March 16, 2009

Bushnell Voyager 4.5" Family Table Top Telescope MD 78-2010, Review (It)

First off, I need to admit that I am not, nor have I ever been, an employee of any of these companies identified or mentioned in this document either explicitly or by reference to various products. Furthermore, I have no stock or known relatives at any of these companies or any livestock kept at these companies either. Nobody is paying me to write any of this. I wish they were. I could use a little folding money.

OK. Mine may be on the way, maybe. I won it on EBAY. Yes. I won it on EBAY after I lost two Astroscans on the same venue. Not only did I win it, it wound up costing me way less, half, what an Astroscan would have, if I had won one of those Astroscans.

Anon, once it gets here, assuming it survives the trip intact, I shall discover if it is worth winning. According to a few on line reviews, the consensus appears to be, no, it is not worth winning. However, I happen to be one of those average individuals who only believes data acquired via direct personal experience or analogous experience. So I felt the urge to see for myself. Besides, I don’t expect much. That’s right. My expectations are low. And, if it fails miserably as a telescope, I can see it easily making the transition to expensive, decorative plant pot.

Naturally, it has been discontinued by Bushnell. Seems like I always arrive on the tail end of optical product cycles. So the remaining new stock of it is being sold off. Apparently, competition with the Astroscan, and with the newer Orion 4.5" was too much for it. Or, the average amateur astronomer public got wise to it.

Before I won it, or even fixed to win it, and after I dreamed about it, I did some research. Besides reading a few scanty on line reviews, I looked up its instructional pdf file. In that particular pdf file I discovered it may need to be collimated once in a while. Or, collimation is possible. The pdf file collimation procedure is very easy, requiring only a screwdriver and an eyeball. That’s good.

Mine, that has reportededly already been sent on its journey to the Cow Barn, maybe, is missing its carry strap and its 5mm ep. It does however, still have its 27mm ep and its stand. So right there, I can sort of espy what I’m up against. If it meets my low expectations, I shall need to rig up a new strap. I have plenty of eps so that 5mm won’t be missed..

All righty. That’s about all this review I can do until it actually arrives. When it arrives, Goddess Willing, this review shall be continued.

Attached is an artist's perception or conception of my IT being enjoyed or modeled by the WG as per my dream. However, the artist did not have crayolas handy so the conception is not in Technicolor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home