Monday, November 26, 2007

Rayetta’s Lens Arrives

At last. The CB now has its very own Olympus 70-300mm telephoto/macro. I have succeeded as designated shopper. Just as I foretold. Rayetta shall be so happy, maybe. We shall see.

Rayetta. How do you feel?

Better Crumby. I am on the mend.

That’s wonderful Rayetta. Do you want to take some pictures?

Not really.

Yeah but, you may when you espy what just arrived.

Something just arrived. I need to take its picture.

No, no, no Rayetta, something has arrived that shall allow you to take a picture, closer and bigger, maybe.

Crumby! Have you succeeded as designated shopper? Did you order my lens already without telling me? Did you get a good deal?

Yepper. It cost 390 smackeroos, no tax, postage included. Plus, we get a 50 smackeroo rebate. Also, I have tested it negative for pirate bodily fluids and lead paint. Here it is. Surprise! You are good to go.

Why thank you Crumby. Too bad there are no butterflies about, and it is almost dark.

Try it anyway, Rayetta. Try it anyway. Put it on the camera.

OK. Goodness. Click. That sounded right. It is heavy. OK. I know. We shall take a picture of Ilex vomitoria. Then, I shall have a picture of Ilex vomitoria. The picture shall serve as a reminder. Avoid gustatory adventures with wild mushroom pasta, Rayetta. Come on Crumby. You tote the camera until we get to the Ilex vomitoria patch.

Long was the journey. Yet Crumby, by the Grace of the Goddess, made light of his burden.

Gimme my camera, Crumby. Ooooo! It is heavy. Now, for this picture, we shall shoot the bush from about 25 feet, fully zoomed out, utilizing Live Mode A for approximate focus. Also, since it is almost dark, and I am having a really hard time holding steady, possibly due to the recent food poisoning event, I shall pop up the flash, -3, the lowest emission setting.

Lucky for you Rayetta, you can rest the camera on your bosoms. Those bosoms should hold that camera steady.

Maybe Crumby. Whirr, click. Let’s go check it out.

Here we go, the first electropictoid with the new lens. JPG, no PP. This could prove, useful. We shall see. Yikes! What's all that hollering in the parlor? Go see, Crumby.

Crumby heads out for the parlor via a dusty hallway. Down the dusty hallway he goes. Yet as Crumby rounds the corner, he espies his bosom companion and a mop.

What's up with the mop, Ray?

I stepped on Lulu's water dish. Naturally, it flipped over and flung dog water all over me. The rest of the dog water is what the mop is up for. Great! You know Crumby, I have about had it.

Excuse me Ray. I need to go tell Rayetta what all the hollering was about.

Rayetta. Ray kicked over the dog water.

That's nice. Oh look Crumby. My new lens has a switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home