Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Fly Memories

Well. It's Day 4 of Dy 2. Flies are scarce in these parts. Flies don't like this weather. Me neither. Yet, wherever those flies are, I hope they are thinking kindly thoughts regarding their friend, me, Ray. Just as I think kindly of those flies.

Coincidence has maybe allowed me to put a name to one of my fly friends who kindly posed for this electropictoid. Yepper. I now believe this may be a soldier fly, possibly Odontomyia pilmana.

During my youth at the orphanage, as a special treat, Dr. Swineherd would allow me to watch cartoons on TV. My favorite cartoons featured insects, singing and dancing to classical music and jazz while avoiding a big nasty spider that was always trying to get them. Those were great cartoons.

Anyway, I'm not sure, but Odontomyia pilmana may have starred in one of those cartoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home