Sunday, March 16, 2008

ACHTUNG EVOLT

Do you know, that in foreign parts, like Europe, the Olympus cameras of the E series are known as E cameras? But here among US they are, or were, known as EVOLTS and have EVOLT printed on their boxes and bodies. Like Rayetta’s camera is the EVOLT E330. But now, the newer models, even among US are all just E cameras. No more EVOLTS.

Many among the wise have long speculated on why the earlier E cameras were called EVOLTS in the US. Many among the wise now speculate, Why are the newer US models no longer called EVOLTS? I have wondered about this important marketing decision myself.

Naturally, rather than going to the trouble of learning Japanese so I could do research on this interesting topic, I have instead, worked up an opinion. My opinion is, that the kindly Japanese wanted to remind all US Americanos that electric cameras have the potential to shock US and maybe kill US. Certainly, that worked for me. Even when I was allowed to use Rayetta’s camera, in those happy days before I broke it, twice, I never got in the bath tub with it. That’s because EVOLT printed in big white letters on the camera clued me to the fact that it could shock the Bejesus out of me. So even if wanted to take some pictures of myself in the bath tub, and I did, do, I never will. Not with an EVOLT.

No. I shall have to wait for that experience until Rayetta gets one of the new models. Then, stealthily, while Rayetta lies supine upon the Ample Bosoms, sound asleep, I shall sneak into the bath tub with that new model, secure in the knowledge that it won’t shock the Bejesus out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home